My Retro Gaming Livestream!

Watch live streaming video from teknosynth at livestream.com

Thursday, October 1, 2009

I have now lost all my faith in Nintendo

I don't believe that there's anything left to be said about this travesty. I for one have been trying really hard to understand the whole "breaking up the video game audience into Casual/Hardcore" deal, all things considered I'd like to reaffirm that I'm neither of those but more so the hidden option C...a little bit of both(I don't see why gamers can't be a bit of both and why the industry doesn't recognize this, well obviously so they can potentially make more money). However it seems that more so than not, that with the casual market they end up wasting more money on stupid ideas like a Twilight trivia game, I can vaguely imagine the board meeting for this farce:

Genius CEO 1: you know that Twilight series is really popular amongst the teenage girls.

Genius CEO 2: I bet we could make a whole lot of money if we made some kind of game revolving around that series. I mean, we know what the youth wants these days despite being stuck in an office all day and not being connected to anything pop-culture related.

Genius CEO 1: dude, fucking genius!

Nintendo, as far as I'm concerned is pretty much done and over. It seems that all they care about these days is making money, and less about having fun(Wii Vitality Sensor...who the hell ever needs one of these, think about that one for a second because that's all you'll need. Oh, and the answer to that riddle is NO ONE!). It was nice while it lasted Nintendo, you've been a big part of my video game life but somewhere along the way you got lost, soon only to become a shadow of your former self like Sega...ouch!

I'd like to extend my thanks to Nintendo and Twilight, for further making a mockery of the video game industry, good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment